Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 23 21:20

I am very proud of my potting bench and garden starts. Sunflower, corn, tomatoes, and a flower blend started last weekend. With highs in the upper 70's low 80's the weather is perfect. I have a compost bin started in a garbage can and have been busy picking up material from the defac. When I suggested I needed egg shells, I was presented with a 60lb bag of shells, roughly 20 dozen. With the compost cooking I will spend this week finding dirt and building the raised bed for the garden. I have a partner in Carlson Sam and found a interested third party with a dirt connection. A lot of horse trading goes on to pull these things together. I have ordered rose bushes from the locals who live in Kabul and have access to a nursery, no worries about mold or black spots here. Fun!  

No comments: