Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 12, 19:20

Another sunny day at BAF. The temperatures continue to climb each day. Today it was near 80 and I am finding out just how intense the sun can be in this country. Monday I would have compared it to Palm Springs in March, today it felt more like eastern Washington in July with the sun giving off the kind of heat that warms to the bone, all day. In three days it has provided the kind of tan I would normally expect to get over the course of weeks even though I apply spf 40 regularly during the day.  I am unaccustomed to this weather, and the hardest part is that I can't help but feel I should be out boating with the girls. Warm weather means summer and time off. The sun goes behind the mountains at 5:30.
       Ken, Sgt Terstriep and I continue to sort and load materials destined for TFI teams around the country. The LOGCAP yard is the Army's main receiving area where materials are brought on Air Force pallets right off  C130 freighters. I really enjoy working with Ken and Sgt Terstriep, they are fun and funny and the days go by quickly.
      I was told that my future partner is John Goodwin. John is a nice guy and is here from Alabama. He is a Vietnam Vet with a good sense of humor. He sounds like Thornton's character in Sling Blade. We could not have less in common and I am not sure how this pairing will work. It's Saturday night and we are all looking forward to a day off tomorrow, tonites movie is Smokie and the bandit.

No comments: